After a week of squalling winds and showers, reality has finally hit – winter is here! If your garden is looking a little worse for wear it might be time to book it in for a clean-up. Not only can we sweep up all those leaves, we can also help prepare your garden for the cooler months ahead. Here’s our top 5 things to do in the garden this winter:
- Dig the veggie garden and plant new crops – winter is a great time to clean up the veggie garden – getting rid of any old crops and replacing with new ones such as snow peas, English spinach or spring onions.
- Cut back invasive plants – with the late autumn sunshine some plants may need cutting back now so they can thrive again in spring. Remove any dead or overcrowded growth and trim back any invasive climbers.
- Get ready for rose pruning – June, July and August is rose pruning time. If you need any help trimming your rose bushes, don’t forget to book in early as we’re always in high demand for that prickly job! June is also the perfect time to plant bare rooted roses.
- Cheer yourself up with some potted colour – a bit of colour always makes us feel better so plant some potted annuals like pansies or polyanthus for an instant boost!
- Turn off your reticulation – it might sound obvious but you’d be surprised to know people forget this simple, water-saving task.
If you’d like some help in the garden this winter simply email email@example.com or call 1800 24 74 84. Book 5 hours or more and you’ll save $80 with our Super Saver Special available now.